A New Solution Developed by Neuora Microceuticals to Assist You in Staying Alert and Focused
After reviewing the scientific literature outlining the potential harmful effects of caffeine-containing cola beverages and high-dose caffeine energy drinks, Neuora Microceuticals developed an effective alternative-low dose caffeine mints. The goal was to improve alertness, well-being, and the ability to focus, and help individuals wean themselves from harmful cola and energy drinks. The result was “ALERTMINTS” which has the following properties:
- Technology based on a time-release process that takes over two hours to dissolve when placed between the gum and cheek.
- Each tablet contains low-dose caffeine (20 mg) that is slowly released over time.
- The tablet also contains Vitamin B12, thought by many to also to improve mood.
- The cost of one AlertMint, which has the same effect on mood and sense of well being as high-dose energy drinks, is 40 cents per tablet compared to over $2.00 for one 8.4 ounce can of the most popular energy drink.
- AlertMints contatin 0 calories compared to 160 calories of an 8.4 ounce can of the most popular energy drink.
- Compared to the sugar in cola and energy drinks that can contribute to the problem of tooth decay, AlertMints promotes dental hygiene because they contain Xylitol. Xylitol has been shown to decrease plaque and tartar in the mouth which causes tooth decay and bad breath.
- Physicians, lawyers, business professionals, busy moms, and others have reported that AlertMints do exactly as advertised and are a great replacement for those who desire to wean themselves from cola beverages and energy drinks. The following is a recent quote from an attorney who was tired of drinking cola beverages: “I used to drink many diet cokes during the day at work but since you introduced me to these great mints, my diet coke intake has greatly diminished. I love the taste of the mints, they make my mouth fresh and there is no unpleasant after-taste. Thank you very much for these marvelous mints."
The History Behind Caffeine Consumption
For centuries mankind has consumed caffeine that is found in a number of plants indigenous to South America, Asia, and the Middle East. Recently, caffeine has been found to be the main active ingredient of “energy drinks” and caffeinated beverages that are promoted to increase alertness and enhance physical well-being. Energy drinks with such high levels of caffeine can be dangerous and cause serious heart rhythm, blood flow, and blood pressure problems. In addition, other symptoms of high-dose caffeine ingestion are anxiety, sleep problems, digestive problems, and dehydration. Next to vitamins, energy drinks are the most popular supplement consumed by American teenagers and young adults. These drinks contain as much as 500 milligrams of caffeine per serving, which is equal to 4 or 5 12 ounce bottles of the most popular cola beverages! Between 2007 and 2011, the number of energy-drink related visits to emergency rooms increased 279% for people aged 40 and older. Besides the effects of high doses of caffeine, energy drinks may contain as much as 25–50 grams of simple sugars which may be problematic for people who are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
Why Do People Consume Cola and Energy Drinks?
Many teenagers and adults find a need to take something in the morning, afternoon or evening to increase their alertness and sense of well-being. However, consuming 4 or 5 bottles of cola beverages throughout the day, or an equivalent energy drink may not be the wisest thing to do because of the short and long term health risks. ALERTMINTS gives the same energy boost without the harmful effects.
What Does Science Tell Us?
Several years ago a study was conducted in which the scientists posed the question as to whether low dose caffeine (12.5 to 25 milligrams) would improve cognitive performance, reaction time, and mood. The hypothesis was since caffeine competed with chemicals in the brain that caused drowsiness, sluggishness, and decreased concentration, could lower doses of caffeine improve the alertness, mood and well being without the side effects of higher doses of caffeine often found in cola and energy drinks? After consuming lower doses of caffeine (12.5 to 25 milligrams), the studied subjects reported they felt “clearheaded,” “revitalized,” “alert,” and “energetic”. The authors concluded that cognitive performance and improved mood occurred at doses lower than the range contained in a single serving of popular caffeine-containing sodas, and energy drinks.
The Technology Behind Long-Lasting AlertMints
The technology behind AlertMints took over 20 years to develop. The doctors who created AlertMints wanted to develop a breath mint in which nutraceuticals could be added and would last for hours instead of minutes. In addition, it had to be small enough to be comfortable and unobtrusive, and made of natural ingredients that increased alertness, freshened breath, killed the germs that cause cause bad breath, and promoted oral, gum and tooth health.
Each tiny AlertMints tablet contains an anti-bacterial/anti-cavity sweetener (Xylitol) and flavoring enhanced by a proprietary booster for long lasting flavor dispersion.
The release of Xylitol and flavor is an overlapping process that lasts until the tablet is fully dissolved imparting a cool, mildly aromatic and soothing sensation in your mouth for the full multi-hour duration of each AlertMints tablet.